It’s easy to be intimidated by the 70s look of wide-legged, flared jeans. Many people shy away from this kind of denim, fearing that that is will actually make the wearer look “wider.” Actually, the 70s inspired denim style is very wearable, elongating the body shape and works well with curves. Dress them up with hippie-inspired pieces, or modernize them with chiffons and leather. It is important to pair flared jeans with the right pieces, of course, to balance out shapely bottoms. Higher waists are great for comfort but not for every body type to show off. The universally most flattering way to wear them is with a relaxed, breezy top. You can half tuck the top in the front, too. It’s fun to pair them with an oversized blazer and a cropped leather jacket for structure and a to keep it from looking like a costume. Last but not least, let the jeans hang long on you, even if they sweep the ground.
1. AllSaints Cropped Felton Leather Biker Jacket $498.00
2. ASOS Blouse With Sheer Panels and Double Pocket $47.52
3. Free People Pull On Super Flare $78.00
4. Zara Leather Court Shoe $89.90
5. Forever 21 Half-Frame Cat-Eye Sunglasses $5.80
6. Chloé Marcie Mini Leather Shoulder Bag $775.00