by Daniela Hummel and Madison Chertow
For the woman who wants to look sexy when she goes out dancing, but steers away from the micro-mini/six-inch heel combination, we created the series, “Dancing the Night Away.” We will focus on sexy alternatives to typical LA club wear, new ways to wear items you probably already have in your closet and how to simplify your beauty routine.
The first look is centered around Ted Baker’s Metallic Shorts. Of course, any statement short will do. Shorts are ideal because, frankly, they give you the physical mobility that typical club wear does not. On top, a light, silky, thin-strapped tank is so sexy in its subtly. Plenty of skin is showing but it’s not obvious.
If you know you will be hanging out on a terrace, it’s worth bringing a pullover. Scrunch up the sleeves for a carefree look. When it comes to the accessories, try a long necklace. You can mix and match depending on your personal style but go light on jewelry if your shoes have studs or gem stones. A wedge is a great way to add height without putting pressure on the ball of your foot.
Ted Baker Metallic Tailored Shorts on sale $62.72
ASOS Tie Waist Asymmetric Cami $39.99
All Saints Jagger Godiva Pullover in Ebony $135.00
(pictured in Smoke Marl for detail)
Alexis Bittar Miss Havisham Crystal Encrusted Long Spear Necklace in Rose Gold $155.00
Available only in Rhodium for $125.00 here
Lauren by Ralph Lauren The Breakers Multi Bead Drama Necklace, 22″ $198.00
Jeffrey Campbell Amanda II Shoe in Black Suede on sale $145.95
Good on your feet:
Vince Camuto Simonas Sandal $129.95
1. You don’t have to wear heels that hurt your feet by the end of the night. In fact, don’t!
2. If the dress is short and tight, the rest of your look (jewelry, shoes, hair, makeup) should be very relaxed.
3. Try focusing 80% of your beauty efforts on the look of your skin. Clear, radiant skin always catches people’s attention.
4. Choose whether you want your jewelry or your shoes to bling, not both.
5. Shorts and jump suits can be accessorized to be fancier. Think a long, beaded necklace.
6. The ultimate cool girl pulls off the carefree, “Oh, I just out this on as I ran out the door” look and attitude. She never looks super made up.
7. You are naturally beautiful and unique. Let your quirks show.