by Daniela Hummel and Madison Chertow
Since the release of the French Connection Bandage dress and American Apparel Double-U dress, LA women have embraced this silhouette for more and more occasions. While there is not necessarily a distinct brand attached to it, there is a very good likelihood that you or a girl friend have a super tight, super short dress in your closets. We may be on a mission to steer away from the micro-mini/6-inch heel combination but let’s be practical. You don’t have to throw away your trusty “go-to.” Let’s just relax it.
That super tight dress for a “ba-dum!” silhouette. Maybe you have one or have your sights set on one. So many shapes, colors, embellishments and price points to chose from. It’s so sexy that you don’t have to do much with it.
Nasty Gal Take Me Out Dress $48.00
Sometimes the sexiest looks are the ones that are subtle upon first glance. The idea is simple: the woman is sexy, in and of herself…and you’re practically naked in that dress. So, go with that, but don’t let them realize what you are doing. Wear neutrals and have a single accessory pop with color. Try a “barely there” sandal. Take off one piece of jewelry before leaving the house.
Calvin Klein Sandals Vivian Ankle Strap $119.00
Also available in beige
Nordstrom Crystal Collection ‘Beach Glass’ Cluster Earrings $38.00
Black Willow Raw Amethyst Gold Kissed Ring $55.00
Essie Hi Maintenance
Topshop Folded Lapel Waterfall Jacket in Ivory $110.00
1. If the dress is short and tight, the rest of your look (jewelry, shoes, hair, makeup) should be very relaxed.
2. Take off one accessory before leaving the house.
3. Try focusing 80% of your beauty efforts on the look of your skin. Clear, radiant skin always catches people’s attention.
4. Navy blue looks good on almost every skin tone.
5. “Barely there” sandals are delicate, feminine and sexy without being obvious. To quote Cher Horowitz, “This reminds boys of being naked, and then they think of sex.”
6. The ultimate cool girl pulls off the carefree, “Oh, I just out this on as I ran out the door” look and attitude. She never looks super made up.
7. You are naturally beautiful and unique. Let your quirks show.