by Daniela Hummel and Madison Chertow
Flowing dresses are generally under represented in the line up at a bar or club in LA. That breezy look and feel of slinky fabric is a perfect match for LA’s characteristic laid back attitude. In black, it can be a chameleon of sorts. You can accessorize it to complete many different looks. High heels will add glamour, studded combat boots are a little bit rock and roll, while vintage jewelry gives a hint of the 1920′s. It’s the perfect dress to get a little daring and take some risks.
Forever 21 Sequin Embellished Net Dress $24.80
Zara Waistcoat with Tuxedo Collar $89.9
Good on your feet:
Jeffrey Campbell for Free People Studded Ryder Boot $298.00
Badgley Mischka Sandals – Fierce $175.00
House of Harlow Laina Suede Heel on sale $132.00
Nasty Gal Chained Collar Necklace $20.00
Kitten Vintage 1920′s Beaded Choker Necklace on Etsy $30.00
Forever 21 Kiss Lock Suede Clutch $24.80
1. You don’t have to wear heels that hurt your feet by the end of the night. In fact, don’t!
2. Try loose, flowing dresses paired with fun boots or high heels.
3. Try focusing 80% of your beauty efforts on the look of your skin. Clear, radiant skin always catches people’s attention.
4. Choose whether you want your jewelry or your shoes to bling, not both.
5. “Barely there” sandals are delicate, feminine and sexy without being obvious. To quote Cher Horowitz, “This reminds boys of being naked, and then they think of sex.”
6. The ultimate cool girl pulls off the carefree, “Oh, I just out this on as I ran out the door” look and attitude. She never looks super made up.
7. You are naturally beautiful and unique. Let your quirks show.